Fund & Operations ManagerApply for this opportunity
About this opportunity
About Our Firm
Alter Global is a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups in Latin America, South and Southeast Asia, the Middle East and Africa. We believe that supporting home-grown entrepreneurship is the most effective approach to sustainable international development. We support our ventures by matching them with capital, part- and full-time talent, and other resources from the Silicon Valley and beyond.
This role is ideal for someone looking to gain exposure to the world of venture capital and getting a front row seat to investing in some of the best startups in emerging markets around the world. If you enjoy initiative ownership, are passionate about emerging markets and technology, and excited about joining a remote, globally distributed team, please reach out.
Day to day, the Fund & Operations Manager would:
- Manage the operations of the Alter Global fund, including disbursing capital to new ventures, processing any necessary documentation, etc.
- Create the reports for and cadence of communication with Limited Partners about the fund's performance and any notable portfolio events
- Collaborate with the Platform and Investment on projects, including:
- Working with the Investment team to develop reports on new industries Alter is researching
- Collaborating with the Platform team to find and share potential Talent, customers and/or partners with and for our portfolio companies
- Partnering with the Alter Fellowship Program Lead to increase the program's visibility and generate a new cohort of participants
- Assist in investment decision-making
- Support investor relations and fundraising efforts
- Undertake and lead new initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in a Consulting, Tech, Ops, or Product environment
- Strong execution and operational abilities (e.g., the ability to hit the ground running, work autonomously, determine and create own priorities and workstreams, drive forward actions and motivate people toward outcomes in situations of uncertainty)
- Ability to think strategically, make critical decisions, and drive significant improvements at all levels of the company
- Highly structured and organized individual with project management experience
- Team player, easily collaborating with others
- Remote-first team - work from anywhere in the world on a flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Work with a mission-driven, performance obsessed A caliber team
- Become part of an incredible network and interact with some of the best entrepreneurs, tech professionals and investors in the SiIicon Valley and emerging markets around the world